JCU ONLINE WORK ORDER SYSTEM (SCHOOLDUDE)
SchoolDude New User Set-Up
www.myschoolbuilding.com is where requesters will make all their work requests. They will use their email address to login and a common request submittal password.
There are two ways for requesters to be entered into the system:
- The MaintenanceDirect Administrator can add the requester in the system.
- The Requester can add themselves into the system.
Follow the subsequent steps to access MySchoolBuilding.com:
- Go to http://www.myschoolbuilding.com.
- You may see the following screen requesting your organization account number. Enter your organization’s account number (542630982) in the field and click the “Submit Organization” button.
- On the next screen, enter your e-mail address and click the “Submit” button. Make sure that you enter in the correct e-mail address.
- If you are a new user, the system will not find your e-mail address. Please enter in your last name in the box provided and click the “Submit” button. (If you are not a new user, the system will recognize your email and you will be taken to the request screen.)
- If your last name is found in the system, you see a list of users with your last name. If you are not any of these users, select the “My name is not listed” option. If you see your name and email, select that option. Click the “Submit” button.
(Note: If your last name is not found, you will be given the option to add it and you will not see this screen, skip to step 6.)
- If you are a new user, enter in your First Name. Verify that your e-mail address and your Last Name are correctly entered. You have the option of entering in your phone number, pager, and/or cell phone (not required). Click the “Submit” button to save. Once you click the “Submit” button. You will be taken to the “New Work Request” page where you can submit your work requests.
- To quickly access this page, you may wish to create a shortcut on your desktop. To do this, click the right button on your mouse anywhere on the page you wish to create the shortcut for. You will see the following menu pop up on your screen. Select the “Create Shortcut” option and an icon will be placed on your desktop as a shortcut.
Changing Your Settings
Requesters can edit their participant information in the following form. To edit this information, click the “My Settings” tab. The following fields can be updated:
- First Name*, Last Name*
- Phone Number, Pager Number, Cellular Number
(* Required Fields)
After making your changes, you must enter in the requester password and then click the submit button.
Submitting your work requests:
- Go to http://www.myschoolbuilding.com.
- Your First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Pager and Cellular Phone will automatically be entered. If that is not you, click the “here” in the “Please be yourself, click here, if you are not XXX.”
- Choose your Location*, Area and enter an Area/Room Number.
- Select the Problem Type* that best describes your issue.
For example, if a toilet is leaking, that would be a plumbing issue.
Once you click on a problem type, the page will refresh and your problem type will be highlighted with a red circle.
NOTE: If this is an emergency, check the Maintenance Emergency check box below the problem types list and call the appropriate phone number and then complete the work order request.
- Describe your Problem or request.
NOTE: Please be as specific as possible with information concerning your problem.
- Enter the Time Available or leave blank if there is no specific time related issue related to the request. Entering information here does not mean that the work will be done at the date and/or time specified. This is only helpful information for work scheduling (e.g. classroom availability/usage issue). All repairs are typically done during normal business hours.
- Enter your Submittal Password*. This password will be the same for all requesters. Click the “Submit” button to save all changes to your settings. The current password can be obtained by calling the Facilities Office at 216-397-4314.
Viewing Your Work Requests
A list of all work requests you have submitted will display when clicking on “My Requests”.
- You can sort this list by any of the fields listed; click on the field name to sort by descending and click again to sort ascending. (The default sort is by “Request Date”. )
- You will be able to see the details, status, employee assigned to your request, action taken, and the completion date of your requests.
To search your requests, enter a key term in the “Search This Results For”, then click the “Go” button.
- To show all requests (after searching for work orders), click the “Show All” link.
To view only requests of a certain status, click the number next to the status under “Request Totals”.