All assignments and due dates remain the same as those for the undergraduate participants,
except for the following modifications/additions:
for NT seminars
14 JanuAry 2012
- Graduate students will be responsible for one or two Critical
Reviews on materials pertaining to their research. The number of reviews
depends upon what kinds of materials are selected:
- One critique of a foreign-language book or
- Two critiques, one of a foreign-language article + one of an English-language
- Two critiques, one of an English-language book + one of an English-language
- Unless otherwise noted in the syllabus, the final paper should be 20–25
- All assignments proposed for graduate credit will be graded more stringently
than those for undergraduate credit.
Sometimes it is permitted to substitute a Creative History Paper or Film
Critique for one of the article critiques. Consult the Instructor if you are interested
in doing this.
A word to the wise: I encourage you to try to design your
research topic so it will relate to your final masters essay/thesis. If it
could be a chapter of your essay, so much the better.